[OSGeo-Conf] Tax Implications of FOSS4G

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 12 07:09:50 PDT 2013

One would need a US Tax expert to weigh in to know the definitive answer -- but intuitively, it would seem impossible for a taxable organization to take in revenue that results in profit for the organization as a whole.

If there's another way - I'd suggest that's something OSGeo would need to get it's own tax advice on, and establish as a basis for future events. Otherwise, we're all just dealing with hearsay.

Dave