[OSGeo-Conf] Voting Review

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sun Jul 28 08:34:22 PDT 2013

So, this years voting was pretty orderly, and we had full
participation from committee members, so I won't be out hunting for
scalps again this year.

We did, however, have the small matter of the tie incident (again!).

While theoretically, having an odd numbered committee is a fix, in
fact this year we had 13 members, but 3 recused. So we ended up even
anyways.

Another fix would be to declare the chair non-voting except in the
case of a tie, or to give the chair an extra vote in the case of a
tie.

P.