[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G-CEE 2013 Code Sprint

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Mon Jun 3 02:00:49 PDT 2013

Dear all,

As most of you probably know, closing the doors on FOSS4G-CEE 2013 will
be a code sprint, put together on June the 20th, in a lovely modern
building with a great view on Dambovita river and proudly sponsored by
TeamNet International SA.

Although it is no secret to anyone that the number of FOSS4G projects’
contributors from this part of the world, Central and Eastern Europe, is
not overwhelming I am quite confident that this code sprint will not
remain stranded in thin air. Though it will not be the classic code
sprint you are all used to, we have a significant group of young coders
from the The Faculty of Automatic Control and Computer Science, with
interest, passion and high spirits prepared to engage in FOSS4G
projects. But they need counseling. They need mentors to guide them, to
raise their curiosity and, thus, to allure them into the wonderful world
of geospatial.

With this email I am inviting you to help mould the new generation of
FOSS4G coders. If you think you have the power to pass on your passion
and the wisdom to raise questions in these young minds, then don’t let
an opportunity like this pass you by.

For organizational purposes, we think that it would be best for mentors
to get in contact with the young coders before the event. Therefore, I
kindly ask all of your that are interested in participating, to add
yourselves and maybe even an idea of a topic you’d like to approach to
the wiki page[2].

See you soon,
Vasile

[1] http://2013.foss4g-cee.org/program/code-sprint