[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G-CEE 2013 schedule announcement!

Codrina Maria Ilie codrina at geo-spatial.org
Tue May 14 17:43:54 PDT 2013

Dear friends and colleagues,
A few days ago, we were sharing our entire list of great 9 keynote
speakers. Today, we happily announce the complete draw up of the
FOSS4G-CEE 2013 schedule!
We invite you all to take a look! We have prepared 12 workshops that
will make your world spin. We have hands-on practical seminars on GRASS,
OpenGeo Suite, R, PyWPS, MapServer, PostGIS and much more, given by
first-class teachers.
The first two days of workshops will converge in 3 keynote speeches,
gracefully offered by Jeff McKenna (OSGeo), Maria Antonia Brovelli
(Politecnico di Milano) and Markus Neteler (Fondazione Edmund Mach).
After a well deserved coffee, you will have 3 intriguing tracks to
choose from.
The third day of the conference will start in the Aula, a lovely
imposing auditorium, where we will have the pleasure of listening to
Paul C. Smits (Joint Research Centre – European Commission), Jáchym
Čepický (Help Service – Remote Sensing) and Radu Puchiu (Government of
Romania). The rest of the day will be packed with an array of talks on
various FOSS4G subjects and coffee breaks. More questions, ideas,
greetings and congratulations will fly around starting with 7 p.m. at
the social event.
As we have a strong connection with the Open Data movement in Romania,
on the third day, we are putting together a side event with a clear
focus on Open Data discussions, with participants from both public and
private sectors. This is an important stepping stone, coming as a
highlight of long standing activities of advocating and promoting. As
special guests, we have invited representatives from Open Knowledge
Foundation [1] and Open Government Partnership [2].
The fourth day will have a prompt start at 9 a.m. and after a marathon
of 18 talks, we will enjoy the last 3 keynote speeches offered by Dirk
Frigne (Geosparc), Alyssa Wright (OpenGeo) and Schuyler Erle (Idibon).
At 3 pm, on Wednesday, June the 19th, our conference will come to an
end. But not the fun. After all the talks, networking and ideas
springing around, we will kindly invite you to get your hands dirty one
more time. Which is the event that will conclude FOSS4G-CEE 2013 for
you? Will it be the code sprint or the Open Geodata Hackathon? No matter
your choice, for sure it will mold into a great experience.

For the complete detailed schedule of FOSS4G-CEE 2013, go here [3].

We take this opportunity to give a warm and big thank you to all our
great speakers and workshops’ instructors for their goodwill, their kind
thoughts and all of their efforts spent in preparing for this event.
It is only together that we can call ourselves a community.

All the best,
Codrina

[1] http://okfn.org/
[2] http://www.opengovpartnership.org/