[OSGeo-Conf] [Foss4g2013] presentation selection [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu May 23 14:16:59 PDT 2013

Karel,
I like your idea of having an automated system for providing feedback to
presenters, and think a system could be worked out.

There could be standard feedback options of:
* Congratulations, you have been selected
* Sorry, community ranked you low
* Due to multiple presentations on this topic, your presentation was not
selected
* Due to multiple presentations from you, this presentation was not selected
* ... and a few others

Next step:
* Someone updates our voting software to provide this functionality
* Then update our FOSS4G Cookbook with a Howto run a selection process

I can see there are people who feel passionately about this topic. Are
you passionate enough to do something about it?

On 23/05/2013 11:43 PM, Karel Charvat wrote:

> It depends on number of volunteer- revivers, usually every reader has
> responsibility for certain papers and he is making comments. Such
> number is high, but not enormous> Some conferences have more
>
> Karel

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050