[OSGeo-Conf] Conference software

Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. marco.lechner at fossgis.de
Mon Sep 23 13:36:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

the german-speaking OSGeo local chapter D-A-CH announced that it plans
to bid for hosting the FOSS4G 2016.
Anyway, after years of running the annual FOSSGIS conference (about 400
delegates/year), we are unhappy with our software solution assisting our
orga-team. Right now we are using a combination of pentabarf [1] (for
managing paper ssubmission, review and planing of the program) and
CiviCRM [2] on Drupal (for registration, billing and payment). This does
not fit our needs and produces too much additional work to be done to
fullfill our requirements.
We found out that the german linux day, Linuxtag [3], is facing the
similar problems. Our recent plans are, to enhance Frab [4] to fit our
needs during the next years.
May be it is also interesting for organising FOSS4G conferences and
anybody wants to participate. Any commends welcome.

Best regards - and thank you all for the great elapsed conference in
Nottingham

Marco
FOSSGIS e.V. / OSGeo lc D-A-CH

[1] http://pentabarf.org