[OSGeo-Conf] [SAC] [Board] Several old FOSS4G sites no longer online?

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Apr 24 13:19:34 PDT 2014

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1265 has some details.

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 9:20 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
>> 2. run something like httrack over the sites to convert into static
>>
>> Option 2 is probably easier, and safer long term. I think Eli was
>> interested in this, we just need to re-enable the sites over localhost
>> on the server and try it out.
>
> I am happy to help with option 2 since we need the sites back online
> as static copy.

I am willing to run httrack over the sites.  I don't really know
httrack but after an hour of experimenting on some sites offered to
try it on the premise that it would be better than nothing. Would be
glad to work with Markus on this or defer if he prefers to do it.

> Markus

>> FYI, it should be the stated practice in the FOSS4G organizing notes to
>> plan and archive the site after a conference finishes, so that we don't
>> run into this issue down the line. OSGeo is happy to hold the archives
>> (in Static form) of the sites even if they had been hosted elsewhere
>> when originally made.

Nottingham did this for 2013,
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/foss4g/2013/website  I don't know
if that is what we see at http://2013.foss4g.org/