[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Discount for Charter Members proposal

David William Bitner bitner at dbspatial.com
Wed Aug 13 06:50:15 PDT 2014

Gerald,

>From the beginning of the foundation, one of the main tenants of membership
was that the only additional benefit to Charter Membership was the ability
to vote for Board Members and new Charter Members. Other than that Charter
Members should (as things exist currently) not receive any other perks not
available to the general membership.

I am not opposed to trying to find ways to make it easier for active OSGeo
members to receive discounts to FOSS4G, but unless we really change the
nature of what a Charter Member is supposed to be, I don't think this is
the right avenue. One place to start that is common in almost every
conference is discounts for presenters.

David

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Fenoy Gerald <gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr>
wrote:

> Dear Conference Committee,
> I would like to ask you to review and comment the following proposal: [1].
>
> Waiting for your answers,
> Best regards,
>
> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4GDiscount
>

> Gérald Fenoy