[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] FOSS4G Discount for Charter Members proposal

Andrew Ross andrew.ross at eclipse.org
Thu Aug 28 06:09:03 PDT 2014

Cameron,

I'd like to start (continue?) the discussion by simply offering to have
the Eclipse Foundation staff run a regular event on behalf of the FOSS4G
community (including OSGeo projects, LocationTech projects, & many other
related organizations and unaffiliated projects) similar to what we
proposed for Washington D.C.. It was a detailed proposal so perhaps a
good place to start with and frame the discussion. Unless I'm mistaken,
much of it may be quite acceptable and help us narrow what could be an
overwhelming discussion down to a few key areas. Is this reasonable?

For what it's worth, I'm definitely open minded if there's a better
approach.

Andrew