[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2016 and 2017 and 2018 Call for Hosting

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 23:33:26 PST 2014

I am not sure that I agree that LOCs need or want more than 18-20 months notice. Whilst there may be a benefit in terms of venue booking, there could be a downside in team fatigue and drop out

For FOSS4G2013 we started thinking about the event and putting a team together in September 2011. We were ready with a venue (provisional booking) by the time the call for LoIs came out.

Steven