[OSGeo-Conf] Regarding venue change of FOSS4G 2015 Seoul

Sanghee Shin shshin at gaia3d.com
Tue Nov 11 06:20:58 PST 2014

Dear Conference Committee members,

The FOSS4G 2015 Seoul LOC decided to change the venue from previous COEX to The K-Seoul Hotel(http://www.thek-hotel.co.kr/e_seoul/main.asp) So I’m writing this mail to inform you this change before signing contract with The K-Seoul Hotel. We have a plan to host full FOSS4G 2015 Seoul at The K-Seoul Hotel except Code Sprint.

Several reasons why we decided to change venue are as follows:

1. Smart Geo Expo 2015, a FOSS4G 2015 Seoul’s conjunction event, has been cancelled. One of the main reason we selected COEX was to attract more attendants by connecting FOSS4G 2015 to Smart Geo Expo 2015. However we were told that next year's Smart Geo Expo 2015 was cancelled in the middle of last September.

2. Given the cancellation of Smart Geo Expo 2015, we felt that we don't need to stick to the COEX, the most expensive venue in Korea. By changing the venue, we can expect some cost savings. Also hotels around COEX is very expensive.

3. By moving to The K-Hotel, we can expect total services from The K-Hote including conference room, catering, logistics, security, wireless internet and others. And we can expect special discount rate from The K-Hotel for the accommodations.

4. Easy management. We can manage delegates and program very easily because K-Hotel’s conference building will solely be assigned to FOSS4G 2015. Very short distance to the conference room, exhibition room and gala dinner room.

If we, the LOC, need to provide anything to Conference Committee, please let me know.

By the way, FOSS4G 2015 Seoul webpage is almost up and running. Please take a look at this and give us comments. http://2015.foss4g.org  I’ll announce the website launching soon.

With regards,

Sanghee
---
Sanghee Shin, Chair of FOSS4G 2015
"Toward Diversity! FOSS4G Bigbang from Seoul!"
http://2015.foss4g.org
Twitter: @foss4g
Facebook: FOSS4G2015
email: foss4g2015 at gmail.com