[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] FOSS4G Discount for Charter Members proposal

David Percy percyd at pdx.edu
Fri Sep 5 09:28:22 PDT 2014

When we chose VTM Group as our PCO for the PDX event next week one of
my compelling reasons for voting for them is that they do
international conferences and their clientele is similar to OSGeo [1].

We were already discussing how ridiculous it was to reinvent this
process each time, and I thought that there was perhaps a possibility
that VTM Group could end up being the PCO of choice for future FOSS4G
events.

I think this discussion could be more productive AFTER the current
FOSS4G happens next week. That way more of our LOC can weigh in. Right
now everyone is pretty busy, so I would encourage slowing down this
discussion until after we can process how well this event comes off.
Percy
[1] http://www.vtmgroup.com/clients/client-list.html