[OSGeo-Conf] passion != bully

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:55:55 PDT 2014

On 5/09/2014 11:32 pm, Andrew Ross wrote:
> After the vote was settled, multiple people approached me, apologized,
> and explained they felt bullied to vote against the D.C. bid. The fear
> you speak of is a powerful thing. I would like to help address it if I
> can.
Andrew,
Maybe you might want to choose a more complementary term than "bullied".
I am a voting conference committee member. People who are passionate
about OSGeo and FOSS4G and their proposal talked with me prior to the
2014 vote about the benefits of their proposal. You were one of these
people (promoting D.C.). Passion is one of the great assets of the OSGeo
community and possibly a less derogatory term than "bully" could be
selected.

(No need to respond to this, it is just a suggestion for future).

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager