[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] Proposed text for an OSGeo Code of Conduct

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Apr 2 23:34:38 PDT 2015

Hi all,

FYI.  This topics is continuing in other threads,
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2015-March/014086.html and
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2015-March/014103.html

and even more so in wiki edits, http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Diversity.
On the wiki, there are some questions and places to list PROs and CONs
of various examples.  At the bottom is a working draft as well.  Many
people have contributed to this thread on this list and much of that
has been incorporated into the wiki.  Thanks for all the
contributions.  Please keep contributing and making suggestions (in
particular those with some background in CoCs).

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm happy to contribute toward developing an OSGeo Code of Conduct or
> Diversity Statement if the board would welcome and accept community
> involvement in developing such a document.
>
> I admit that I've felt disenfranchised and that input from the conference
> committee into an OSGeo policy would not be welcomed, based on the OSGeo
> board pushing toward developing a 2nd Diversity Statement, and encouraging
> the conference committee to develop their own.

Cameron, Thanks for continue to make contributions to this.

Best regards, Eli