[OSGeo-Conf] Underwriting FOSS4G events

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Aug 19 05:04:09 PDT 2015

Gert-Jan, @others

I think there is nothing really to formalize for this, as FOSSGIS e.V.
will be contractor of everything that costs money
(except OSGeo wants to be contractor of the bigger parts like venue
e.g.).

The financial stuff (as mentioned by Steven) is completely in my and
Torsten's hands - and this is backupped by a formal decision of the
FOSSGIS board.

Regarding "responsibility I would say, if talking about responsibility
of LOC, in my eyes this is responsibility of FOSSGIS e.V..
For this, we have 3 of 4 board members in our LOC and also a monthly
board meeting, where normally I report our activities.

For our FOSSGIS conferences we act on a similar way between FOSSGIS and
LOC: The LOC lists up the major costs, we decide on this and from then
on, all noteworthy expenses are backupped by our board. So there is no
real responsibility of LOC-members in case of a financial desaster of a
conference.

If that is fine for you, I'd like to keep things as simple as possible.

(@Gert-Jan ... I am still waiting for your PR-team response ;-))

Till