[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] Financial limit on advances and guarantees to FOSS4Gs

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 13:55:47 PDT 2015

Hi Jeff, board, and conference committee,

To provide context, in 2009, at the end of the early bird registration
we had significantly fewer registrations than projected, are we were
looking to potentially suffer a $60K to $70K loss.
With a lot of hard work, and nervous concern, we managed to bring the
conference back to a modest profit. However, I'd suggest that a loss
within the $50K to $150K range should be considered possible, even with
good management. A global security scare, health scare, or financial
crisis could easily trigger such a loss.

Warm regards,
Cameron