[OSGeo-Conf] Stage 1 voting results

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Aug 26 05:43:25 PDT 2015

Hi Conference-List,

just one thought for the next round which came to my mind (because I
recently did this for Bonn). Might it be useful, if the bidding LOC's
have to include kind of risk analysis and also,
whether they need a backing of OSGeo and also a rough estimation of
what amount? If we get this done in the bidding process, this is a (+/-)
clear fact and teams can concentrate on their conference ;-)

I did our analysis based on the terms and conditions of the contractors
when we have to pay what in advance and how much of this is gone in case
of full cancellation.
I think this is accessible information the teams should get from their
CC's, caterer and PCO's.
Maybe too late for this year, so might be just an idea for the future.
Example in SVN, as mentioned yesterday. You may pass this to the bidding
teams, if wanted.

Another idea for future is, maybe it's worth thinking of a more
structured template for the proposal. If the proposals are more equal,
they might be easier to review and evaluate (and nobody spends money in
layout-things).

My 2+2 cents,

Till