[OSGeo-Conf] Stage 1 voting results

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Aug 26 09:39:06 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 9:29 AM, Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com> wrote:
> An excellent suggestion Till, can all bidders please take note.

Yes, good idea.

> ______
> Steven
>

> On 26 Aug 2015, at 13:43, till.adams at fossgis.de wrote:
>
> Hi Conference-List,
>
> just one thought for the next round which came to my mind (because I
> recently did this for Bonn). Might it be useful, if the bidding LOC's have
> to include kind of risk analysis and also,
> whether they need a backing of OSGeo and also a rough estimation of what
> amount? If we get this done in the bidding process, this is a (+/-) clear
> fact and teams can concentrate on their conference ;-)
>
> I did our analysis based on the terms and conditions of the contractors when
> we have to pay what in advance and how much of this is gone in case of full
> cancellation.
> I think this is accessible information the teams should get from their CC's,
> caterer and PCO's.
> Maybe too late for this year, so might be just an idea for the future.
> Example in SVN, as mentioned yesterday. You may pass this to the bidding
> teams, if wanted.
>
> Another idea for future is, maybe it's worth thinking of a more structured
> template for the proposal. If the proposals are more equal, they might be
> easier to review and evaluate (and nobody spends money in layout-things).
>
> My 2+2 cents,
>
> Till
>

> Am 2015-08-26 14:21, schrieb Michael Gerlek:
>
> All seventeen members submitted votes, including one abstention.

Thanks for participating everyone!  It could also be productive and
valuable to have your insight, discussion, and participation on some
of the other Conference Committee topics (financial guarantees,
schedule of determining location, etc)

Thanks for running the voting mpg!

> Each of the three cities having received two or more votes, all will
> advance to the next round!
>
> Congratulations and good luck to all the organizing committees.

+1, congrats to all.

Eli