[OSGeo-Conf] Conference committee voting procedure

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Tue Jul 28 06:42:19 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 12:43 AM, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In past years Michael Gerlek [0] has helped run the Conference
> Committee voting. I've asked him to do this again and he has agreed.
> Here is a clip from an email with him.
>
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 6:23 AM, Michael Gerlek wrote:
>> Eli-
>>
>> I’m happy to coordinate the actual voting logistics. Whoever is the
committee chair just needs to email me when the vote should take place, who
the voters are, and what’s being voted on — I’ll take care of nagging the
members, tallying the counts, and reporting the results.

>> For ties, I’d suggest the following classic approach:
>>
>> - assume two cities being voted on
>> - alpha sort the names of the cities
>> - get the last digit (hundredths place) of the close of Dow Jones
Industrial average on the day of the vote
>> - if digit is 0..4, first city wins
>> - if digit is 5..9, second city wins
>>
>> This can be generalized for N cities, although you need to get clever to
handle the case where (10%N != 0) :-)

>> -mpg
>
> I'll follow this approach using the schedule outline [1] with the members
[2].

I have sent an email to mpg, cc'ing all the voting members [2]. If you
didn't get that email, then I'm not using valid contact information for you
and this is your notice to get valid contact information to mpg.

Best regards, Eli