[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2017 host city selection result

Claude Philipona claude.philipona at camptocamp.com
Wed Nov 18 01:35:10 PST 2015

Dear All,

Congratulations to Boston and many thanks to the other teams for their work.

I'm sorry to come back on the date discussion, but I really think the
is an issue with the dates: mid-August week (14-20 August 2017) is too
early and will probably strongly reduce the number of attendees, at
least from Europe.

I think the earliest date to avoid this problem, would be Workshop
21-22 August 2017, Conference 23-25 August 2017.  Or the same pattern
one week later would also be good.

As we are almost 2 years in advance, is the a chance you can adapt the dates.

Kin regards,

Claude

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 3:24 AM, Sanghee Shin <shshin at gaia3d.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> 14 out of 17 members have voted and host city for the 2017 FOSS4G event will be,
>
> Boston, U.S.A.
>
> There was no tie.
>
> Congratulations to the Boston team and many thanks to Ottawa and Philadelphia team for your great works during the bidding.
>
> I’ll ask approval of this result to the Board soon.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> 신상희
> ---
> Shin, Sanghee
> Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
> http://www.gaia3d.com

Camptocamp
Innovative Solutions by Open Source Experts

Claude Philipona
Founder and Managing Partner

+41 21 619 10 10 (central)
+41 78 648 32 84 (mobile)