[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2017 host city selection result

Michael Terner mgt at appgeo.com
Fri Nov 20 06:42:35 PST 2015

Once again, a *very large thank you* to both the Selection Committee and
Board for you work throughout this process and for selecting Boston.
Indeed, the strength of the competition is a good harbinger for the future
of FOSS4G globally. People increasingly understand the benefits and want to
have this community and energy come to their cities. We have immense
respect for the hard work and quality of proposal that came from both
Philadelphia and Ottawa and know that it was a difficult choice to make. We
expect there will be more competition and difficult choices in the years to
come.

Thank you once again, and as the song goes, "please come to Boston" in
August of 2017! You will not be disappointed in our city or the conference.

MT & the BLOC

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 1:33 AM, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
> wrote:

> Hi Michael and the BLOC,
>
> The OSGeo board has accepted the conference committee's recommendation,
> congratulations to your team!  I will send a news item post now, so that
> this gets automagically posted to osgeo.org, its twitter and the discuss
> list.
>
> I look forward to working closely with your team.  Talk soon!
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2015-11-18 3:56 PM, Michael Terner wrote:
>
>> Jeff:
>> YES, understood about the need for Board approval. Apologies for the
>> twitter exuberance; as you know it was a long and strenuous process and
>> we were relieved and joyful to get the Selection Committee's
>> endorsement. As appropriate, I am happy to clarify by twitter that we've
>> received the "selection committee recommendation" and await "board
>> approval."
>>
>> Thanks again, and apologies for the premature announcement.
>>
>> MT

*Michael Terner*
*Executive Vice President*
617-447-2468 Direct | 617-447-2400 Main
Applied Geographics, Inc.
24 School Street, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02108
www.AppGeo.com

--
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise