[OSGeo-Conf] OSGeo Booth

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Tue Sep 1 23:24:58 PDT 2015

Hi Jeff, @ConfC

I totally agree with you and as Steven said, it might be part of a
(hopefully for both sides satisfying) agreement about liability for
2016. We on our side have enough space, although we for the moment only
requested a smaller area for exhibition - which also is expressed on our
very careful assessment of sponsorships. We can raise the space to what
we need (but have to pay for it) straightforward.

Of course, space costs money, but in the other side I totally agree
with you about what OSGeo offers to LOC's. So we have foreseen an OSGeo
and also FOSSGIS booth anyhow.

In one thing I also agree with Eli: A big, bigger, biggest booth isn't
the only thing that counts. You must have staff, material and so on. I
think a good visible booth with "enough" space might do the job as well.
What "enough" is, must be dealed between LOC and somebody from OSGeo who
cares for the marketing stuff (;-)).

BTW: On FOSSGIS conferences we always have one booth for FOSSGIS e.V.
as well and that one is not smaller/larger than the others.

Just my 2 cents. And in Korea we can discuss about "size" and "space"
;-)

Till