[OSGeo-Conf] Invitation to hear your wisdom about FOSS4G 2015

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:16:51 PDT 2015

Hi Sanghee, great data that you have added to the spreadsheet. Thanks.
I've created a chart from it, and filled in missing dates so the chart
doesn't look distorted.
Would I be right in assuming that there was no change in numbers for the
new dates I've added?

Very interesting to see how many late entries you had sign up. Do you
have an idea on why that is the case? (Maybe a question to answer in
your lessons learned)

Also great to see so many people registering from Korea. This is in line
with an international trend for FOSS4G where we find that a significant
proportion of attendees are local or regional, and a good reason for
continuing to move FOSS4G around the world.

On the data, there seems to be a mismatch between total Korean attendees
and sum(Korean attendees). 253 vs 257. Have you made a typo somewhere?

I'd also be interested to see the percentage of attendees from Asia vs
Rest of the world, in order to answer the question: Would an Asian
country attract attendees from neighbors? If you have the data, maybe
add another "Asia" column.

Regarding getting Lessons Learned collated, there is no timeline for
this, and not essential to collect, but is very valuable for future events.

Warm regards,
Cameron

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BpkO5WOFQ_DZEWNMLj_hAhEre0m0io_j-JGf7geAW5Y/edit#gid=57