[OSGeo-Conf] Invitation to hear your wisdom about FOSS4G 2015

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 04:10:00 PDT 2015

The challenge is to provide some real incentives for early registration - price seems the obvious one but it creates 2 problems either you discount price levels to such a low level that you might lose money on early bird delegates or you artificially increase the price of non early birds to create the differential and discourage late bookers. Neither is ideal.

One lesson from both past FOSS4Gs and other events is not to extend the early bird deadline, this results in a loss of confidence in any limited offers and encourages the expectation that there will be further extensions so there is no need to book early. If an event needs to offer an incentive after the early bird has expired there are several other ways to offer a similar (but slightly smaller discount) e.g. book for 2 or more delegates and get x% discount off second delegate

Maybe a better option is to offer some other benefits to early birds? Limited t-shirt? A free day of workshops? Privileged access to something?
______
Steven