[OSGeo-Conf] Exhibiting costs at FOSS4G

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Thu Apr 14 05:09:33 PDT 2016

Dear Conference committee,

I suggested Jonathan to make this a topic in the CC. Before that, I
clearly explained that we (FOSS4G 2016) can't change our terms,
because a lot of sponsors already accepted our terms and prices and
that we can't make difference for companies depending on where they come
from.

Just wanted to add, that also on former FOSS4G conferences you never
had the chance to hire a booth without being a sponsor. The only thing
we changed was, that
sponsorship and exhibition was decoupled. We did so because we didn't
want to waste sparse room for exhibition for sponsors that don't man
their booth anyway.

Perhaps the issue is more: "How could we enable also small companies to
present themselves on a FOSS4G?"

For us, as said, looks like that it's too late for Jonathan, I only can
hint on the demo-theatre we want to revive.

Regards, Till