[OSGeo-Conf] Exhibiting costs at FOSS4G

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:28:51 PDT 2016

Isn’t this what the Supporter level is for? €1500 with logo presence, shout out in the plenaries and including a full conference pass seems reasonable to me.

My recommendation, based on experience of many events, is that a one man business would be better networking around the event, doing a bit of guerrilla marketing, dropping some leaflets or stickers and meeting people. Standing on a small stand with no time for a break and waiting for people to come to you doesn’t work that well.

I am not sure that the conference organisers can solve the problems of accessibility for small companies from lower income countries. The costs are a lot more than just sponsorship or exhibiting and the conference does not have surplus funds to subsidise these companies unless we in the wealthier countries are willing to make quite large donations (increasing ticket prices would prompt a whole load of complaints from people who have the strange idea that FOSS4G events should be less expensive than they already are or even free)
______
Steven