[OSGeo-Conf] Conference Committee Face to Face in Bonn

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 07:07:21 PDT 2016

Hi everyone

Apologies for the long period of inactivity on the conference list (prepping 2 talks for FOSS4G and helping to run FOSS4GUK have taken a chunk of my free time).

We talked in the past about having a F2F while many of us are in Bonn for FOSS4G. In particular I think it would be very helpful to talk through some of the long standing topics around FOSS4G events before we get into the CfP for 2018, there are some topics where we need guidance from the board (e.g financial expectations, relationships with 3rd parties, guarantees). The meeting is open to anyone who is active on the Conference list, board members and anyone else with an interest in the plans for FOSS4G 2018 (i.e. it’s an open meeting)

I have drafted a provisional agenda at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee_F2F_2016 add to it, edit it or comment on sections (particularly if you won’t be able to make it to Bonn) - please attribute your comments so that it is easy to see who said what.

I have set up a doodle poll to try and find a time that works for the most people http://doodle.com/poll/es6s24345uddy2e6

Once we have a time slot I will ask Till if he can provide us with a room to meet

Looking forward to seeing you in Bonn

May the FOSS be with you :)
______
Steven