[OSGeo-Conf] [OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G in Ecuador?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:59:46 PST 2016

Hi Guillermo,

Great to hear. I suggest you start by:

* Having a look at: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook (This is
not complete, but is a good start)

* Join the OSGeo Conference committee email list (CCed) and discuss
ideas with them

* Finding some like minded individuals locally to help build this with you

* Probably start small, build up the size of your team, and then build
your team's experience and reputation. Possibly start with something
like the "MeetUp" formula. https://www.meetup.com/

* If you have the motivation, build up to a national, then regional,
then possibly international FOSS4G over next few years

All the best, Cameron

On 7/12/2016 8:48 AM, Guillermo Pizarro wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a question: If I want to organize "FOSS4G in Ecuador" (latin
> american country), what I have to do? or who should I speak with?
>
> Regards,
> Guillermo Pizarro

Cameron Shorter
M +61 419 142 254