[OSGeo-Conf] Conference Committee Budget

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Dec 22 09:20:05 PST 2016

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another item that I would like to bring to your attention is the budget:

Starting a topic with a new thread and proper subject can help for
finding it later and reduce discussion confusion.  Thanks for asking
if we need budget Angelos.

> The board is putting together a budget for 2017. Last year we did this
> according to a breakdown of different activities [1]. This year we would
> like to provide a budget for each committee.
>
> Does the conference committee need any budget for the next year? Please let
> us know.

Hi Conference Committee,

Occasionally there are things which arise that the Committee seems to
think would be useful to fund on the OSGeo Conference Committee level
instead of the LOC.  Things that I recall currently are Vimeo
accounts, MailChimp accounts, and other things like this.  Do we want
to have some amount of budget so that we can fund these?  If we
undertake funding these, then it also means some level of
responsibility tending these things.  If we want to have a budget for
things like this, for which things would we like to plan?  What
amount?

If I were to guess an appropriate number for starting, I would suggest
$1500/year.  That is based on various expenses from being on a LOC
being in the $300-500 which would give us two $500 items with
contingency for a third unexpected one.  Of course, this number is
just a starting number and with additional (or fewer) ideas from the
Committee, we can adjust it.  What do people think of this amount?

Best regards, Eli