[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] Board rep for FOSS4G 2017

Michael Terner mgt at appgeo.com
Fri Mar 18 10:39:54 PDT 2016

We would welcome Sanghee if he's willing; and we are open minded to
whomever Conference Dev determines is the best fit.

I have a sister who lives in Hong Kong and we actually do a fair amount of
business with Asia-based partners so we are familiar with trans-Pacific
communication challenges. With the 13 hour time zone difference the reality
is that work and collaboration generally happen at the shoulders of the day
(i.e., early morning, or early evening after work). And truth be told,
since we're all volunteers with fulltime jobs, those are the times we've
been convening, particularly in the after work slot (i.e., 5:30pm EST).
Perhaps Sanghee is an "early morning person"? ;-)

Keep us posted...We look forward to welcoming a new OSGeo member of the
BLOC!

MT

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> How would time zones work out? Seoul is UTC +9, Boston is UTC -4
> ______
> Steven
>

> > On 18 Mar 2016, at 14:20, Venkatesh Raghavan <venka.osgeo at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Board,
> >
> > As pointed out by Steven, we need to appoint a
> > OSGeo representative to the FOSS4G-2017 LoC.
> >
> > I think the representative can be a present board
> > member too.
> >
> > I think, Sanghee as past FOSS4G-2014 chair and present board
> > member would be a good choice to represent OSGeo on Boston-LoC.
> >
> > Any other suggestions?
> >
> > Best
> >
> > Venka
> >
> > On 2016/03/17 4:27, Steven Feldman wrote:
> >
> >> As per the agreement the Board needs to appoint a financial
> >> representative to the 2017 LOC. In the past the board has encouraged
> >> a past chair (who was a board member) to join the LOC to provide some
> >> continuity and experience from previous events - this has been an
> >> informal arrangement. These two roles could be combined.
> >>
> >> For 2016 I am fulfilling the joint role with the Bonn LOC. ______
> >> Steven

*Michael Terner*
*Executive Vice President*
617-447-2468 Direct | 617-447-2400 Main
Applied Geographics, Inc.
24 School Street, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02108
www.AppGeo.com

--
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise