[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2018 - Questions for Lima

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:56:56 PDT 2016

Lima team,
One of the things we have discovered [1] from past OSGeo conferences is
that more than half the attendees at a conference are typically sourced
locally/regionally.

What are your thoughts on attracting attendees from within the South
American region.
My limited experience traveling in South America was that it was
primarily Spanish speaking, with limited people speaking English. Do you
have any experience you can draw up to suggest that Spanish speaking
technical and OSGeo community will want to attend an English speaking
international conference?

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BpkO5WOFQ_DZEWNMLj_hAhEre0m0io_j-JGf7geAW5Y/edit?hl=en_GB#gid=57

--