[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2018 - Questions for Dar es Salaam

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Sun Oct 16 04:49:03 PDT 2016

Dear Dar es Salaam team!

1.)
Assuming you have 100k $ from the World Bank and let's say 400
attendees paying a full price of $500 - this makes careful calculated an
income of 300k$. Also you mention the following: "offering scholarships
and discounts for those who would most benefit from attending a FOSS4G".
I am also not aware about your costs for venue/food/PCO etc.
I know, we are in an really early stage, but I would be happy if you
could outline your financial calculation a little bit more precise.

2.) Maybe it's just a misunderstanding, but you list two Co-chairs, but
who will be the chair or do you plan to chair the conference with two
people?
Background: Two years ago we (F4G 2016's Bonn's LOC) did the same in
our proposal but we were pleased to nominate one chair.

Kind regards, Till