[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2018 - Questions for Bangkok

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Sun Oct 16 05:01:01 PDT 2016

Dear Bangkok team!

1.)
Let's say you achieve 600 attendees and regarding your cost-structure
of 450/400/300$ conference price and assume 30% Early Birdies paying 20%
less I can do the following rough calculation:
300 x regular x 450$
200 x regular low/middle income eco x 400$
100 x students x 300$
400 x workshop (-30% because 1 workshop free for early birdies) x 50 =
16k
----
total income: (135k + 80k + 30k) - 20% + 16k from workshops = 216k $

I am also not aware about your costs for venue/food/PCO etc.

I know, this is a conservative and very rough calculation and we are in
an really early stage, but I would be happy if you could outline your
financial calculation a little bit more precise?

2.) Maybe it's just a misunderstanding, but you list two conference
chairs, but who will be the chair or do you plan to chair the conference
with two people?
Background: Two years ago we (F4G 2016's Bonn's LOC) did the same in
our proposal but we were pleased to nominate one chair.

Kind regards, Till