[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Handbook some additional information

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Sep 7 05:14:06 PDT 2016

Hi Steven, @all,

perhaps it's time to do a general review over our Cookbook after it
already has some years of existence on it's back. I can offer to start a
general walk through and pick out single points in order to improve
them. Of course I combine this with the call for participation, so that
a smaller circle of people (from this list) who are willing to jump on
find together. We could have frequent IRC chats about single topics.
If something general changes, we come back to the list and discuss it
here.
As said, just an offer.

Another point:
After the crossing mails from the past days, I would suggest to have a
general discussion about budget, entrance fees, especially lowered
entrance fees for students and/or attendees from developing countries -
but if we do so, we need to include the discussion, whether OSGeo is
willing to give a 100% financial backup to LOC's. Travel granting might
also be an issue to be discussed within this.
For me it looks like at this point various people have different
understandings of global, continental, regional or local FOSS4G's, but
at least for the global conference we need to come to one accepted
solution - also in order to prevent upcoming LOCs from having the same
discussions again and again.

Regards, Till