[OSGeo-Conf] MOTION : Conference Committee - Updating Membership Policies and Process

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Fri Sep 9 10:13:57 PDT 2016

Hi Steven, @CC,

great work, many thanks for this.

I have just one comment - as said few month ago:

If Board members can also be members of the CC this **might** cause
voting conflicts.
It's more a theory, than a real problem, but I wanted to point on this:

1. The CC votes the next LOC and proposes the winner to the board, the
board decides (and normally approves, what CC proposed)
2. If a board member as CC member voted another LOC than the winning
team, he/she can block the decision made by CC in the board

As said, just a theoretical construct, but in theory possible.

If we see no problem here, I keep quiet.

Till