[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Handbook - Financial expectations

Venkatesh Raghavan venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 05:38:14 PDT 2016

I do not think we need to select a "budget venue".
Wonderful venues (perhaps, better than what we have seen thus far)
are available at a lower price in low-income countries.

I do not talk of any compromise on "core items" expected in
FOSS4G conferences. Is video streaming a "core item" which
was only recently possible in FOSS4G conferences?
If we say that this is a "core item", that is as good as
saying that FOSS4G conferences will be organized only in
OECD countries.

Venka