[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Handbook - Financial expectations

Venka venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 02:40:48 PDT 2016

Gert-Jan and All,

On 2016/09/12 17:13, Gert-Jan van der Weijden (OSGeo.nl) wrote:
> Maria, others,
>

> First of all: I hope this thread is not meant to discuss the Boston-2017
> setup, but the financial aspect of 2018 and onward. Boston 2017 is on
> it's way, based upon the bid they presented.

Yes, I agree that the financial aspects we are discussing concerns
FOSS4G-2018 and beyond.

Financial aspects of from Boston-2017 have already been presented and
approved by the Board. Let us now come forward to assist the Boston-LoC
is every way we can to make FOSS4G-Boston a great success.

Best

Venka

> [...]
>>
>> Personally I prefer to eat simply a sandwich and be able to pay the
>> registration for a PhD student of mine ;-)
>>
>> Why not consider a basic fee of 100 dollar/day and a full one with
>> lunches and gala dinner?
>>
>> Maria
>>
>> Maria
>>
>>  ISPRS 2016 - Fees & Registration [3]
>>  www.isprs2016-prague.com
>>  Registration for Financial Assistance for the XXIII ISPRS Congress.
>> Deadline for Financial Assistance applications 20 March 12 p.m. CET.
>>
>>  ----------------------------------------------------
>> Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
>> Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
>> Politecnico di Milano
>>
>> ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"; OSGeo;
>> ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET
>>

>> SOL KATZ AWARD 2015
>>
>> Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
>>
>> Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
>>
>> e-mail1: maria.brovelli at polimi.it
>>
>> e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it
>>
>> -------------------------
>>
>> DA: Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com>
>> INVIATO: domenica 11 settembre 2016 23.39
>> A: Maria Antonia Brovelli
>> CC: Michael Terner; Venkatesh Raghavan; Guido Stein; conference
>> OGGETTO: Re: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Handbook - Financial expectations
>>
>> Maria
>>
>> Could you share some of the numbers from your conference:
>> Venue fees
>> Number of delegates
>> Number of streams
>> Cost for video
>> Catering cost per head
>> Icebreaker
>> Gala night
>> Other major costs
>>
>> Do you think you would have been able to accommodate 800-900 people at
>> those rates in that venue? If so we should look at Como for 2019.
>>
>> I think the economics will vary for each city and venue. Perhaps we
>> should make it clear that we would welcome alternative venue and cost
>> proposals that potentially make the event cheaper to attend without
>> excluding the possibility of a higher priced venue. If we get options
>> running between say $200 for the 3 days and $650 then the conference
>> committee will have an interesting choice to make.
>>
>> For 2018 we could also express our desire to make the event as
>> accessible as possible and see what options are submitted?
>> ______
>> Steven
>>
>>> On 11 Sep 2016, at 22:28, Maria Antonia Brovelli
>>> <maria.brovelli at polimi.it> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Michael, I wonder how it was possible for me to organize a
>>> conference with a fee of 100 euro for 3 days ( 50 euro for
>>> students). I understand that Boston is more expensive than Como. But
>>> more than three times? Is it not possible to organize the conference
>>> at one university? Keeping the costs low means giving more
>>> possibility of participation to the people of our community.

>>> less (lower venue and food costs) and also earn less compared to