[OSGeo-Conf] MOTION : Conference Committee - Updating Membership Policies and Process

Venkatesh Raghavan venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 20:33:34 PDT 2016

Hi All,

On 9/13/2016 12:57 AM, David Fawcett wrote:
> Steven,
>
> Thank you for developing this.  Over all, it looks great.  Jachym makes a
> great point that we need a very clear criteria for determining conflict of
> interest.

I also think that this is an important point made by Jachym and need
to be addressed prudently.

Also, I agree with Jachym statement below too.

> So far, it was Conference committee who gave "clue" to the Board and board
> did the final decision (after all, they are "sitting" on the money). I
> think, this works well. Board's voice was important only if Board would
> strongly disagree with Conference committee (never happen afaik), or when
> there was a tie (happend twice, AFAIK).

I trust that the OSGeo board to take a informed decision based on the
recommendations of the conference committee and do not see the need
to change the current decision model for deciding on conference
proposals

Best

Venka