[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] Amended MOTION (items 1-5): Conference Committee - Updating Membership Policies and Process

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Mon Sep 26 12:09:12 PDT 2016

Here the amended motion.

In my opinion it is the very time of voting  to be able to go ahead.

It is better to vote before for  1) in such a way that we have a procedure and then vote for 2-5.

Steven, I leave you to decide the time.

Best.
Maria

1) For the voting procedures of the Conference Committee the Board Voting procedure  made milder with the introduction of a 50 % quorum is adopted.

2) The number of members of the Conference Committee is equal to 17.

3) The retirement policy adopted by the Conference Committee is the same as that of the Board.

Conference Committee  membership is for a 2 year term with half of the Conference Committee seats coming up for election each year.

4) The present Committee continues for an year and we hold election in 2017 with the 9 seats  (9 of the longest serving members vacating their seats in Conference Committee) coming up for election.

5) Voting for Conference Committee members is restricted to the remaining Conference Committee members and Board members who are not members of the Conference Committee

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"; OSGeo; ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET
Sol Katz Award 2015

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
e-mail1: <mailto:maria.brovelli at polimi.it> maria.brovelli at polimi.it
e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it