[OSGeo-Conf] Review of 2 proposals for hosting FOSS4G 2019 until Dec. 15th

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Tue Dec 5 07:09:05 PST 2017

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan
<venka.osgeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just has a quick look at both and noticed that
> the support letter on page 92 of the SLOC proposal
> [1] is repulsive and in extremely poor taste.

As the person who wrote that letter, I cannot help but feel somewhat
disappointed by this reaction.

However, I know that W3F has always been seen as conflictive. There is a
point to W3F, and there is a place and time to make that point. The call
for venues for FOSS4G 2019 is not that place.

I will work with the SLOC to provide an alternate letter. I'll also
understand if the SLOC wants to withdraw my support from their proposal.

Cheers,