[OSGeo-Conf] Chair for the conference committee

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 06:09:44 PST 2017

Answering for myself only, as Venka named me in his mail

We currently have 16 members of the committee of which 10 or 11 are past chairs of Global events

IMO that is a large, experienced and well resourced committee to review and choose the team for the next FOSS4G.

Our newly adopted rules would allow for some additional members (2 or 3?) who weren’t past Global chairs but I don’t see any benefit from increasing the size of the committee further.

My vote would be to elect a chair from the existing members and then let the chair propose increasing the size of the committee or not.

______
Steven