[OSGeo-Conf] Awake some awareness on leaving waste and raise our CO2 footprint after F4G events

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Tue Jul 25 00:52:23 PDT 2017

Hi all,
Definitely a good idea to look at ways to be more sustainable, especially with things like disposable cups and plates. However, I'm not sure I would avoid using paper for things like posters. Monitors are required expensive, use electricity and lots of non-recyclable resources to make. I've never seen the environmental impact balance between posters and monitors, but would not be surprised if paper was much more sustainable for the environment.

I would strongly pledge for a conference timing that is NOT during July or August. That conflicts with European summer holidays making it hard to participate for many.

My 2-cents, cheers, Jeroen

GeoCat Bridge for ArcGIS allows instant publishing of data and metadata on GeoServer, MapServer, PostGIS and GeoNetwork. Visit http://geocat.net for details.
Jeroen Ticheler
GeoCat bv