[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G selection 2014 - consideration for new method

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Dec 19 02:56:30 PST 2018

Jonathan,

first of all, I think "overwhelming" is presumably exaggerated and also
not known. Calgary simply got more votes than Halifax.

As one of the people that voted, I can say, that sustanability was *one*
out of several criterias, that I considered, but not the only one!

So your term "conference sustainability [...] wasn't something that was
was given much weight in the voting." is simply wrong and in my eyes it
is inappropriate to subordinate it to the electing members.

I think everybody had his personal criteria and came to a personal
result based on these.

Regards, Till