[OSGeo-Conf] ask for permission to include OSGeo logo at local event [Jornadas SIG Libre]

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Fri Mar 2 13:31:33 PST 2018

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 4:54 AM, María Arias de Reyna <delawen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do we have a procedure for this? Or just any FOSS4G kind of conference can

There is no procedure that I know of.  I think that the OSGeo logo
usage is under control of the Marketing Committee and Board.

> join the list of "official" conferences?
>
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:51 AM, josep sitjar <josep.sitjar at udg.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Conference Committe,
>>
>> I'm Josep Sitjar, from SIGTE (University of Girona), and I'm new to this
>> mailing list.

Welcome!  This list mostly focuses on the annual FOSS4G conference,
http://foss4g.org/ particularly the annual RFP process to select
locations and Local Organizing Committees.  We also work some on
surrounding issues like Code of Conduct, Travel Grants, etc.

>> We are working on the new edition of Jornadas de SIG Libre, one of the
>> Spain's leading event in the field of free and open source geospatial
>> technologies, that will take place in Girona (Spain) from 6th to 7th June.
>>
>> The aim of this e-mail is just to ask permission in order to include the
>> OSGeo logo as supporter of Jornadas SIG Libre.

As I mentioned, I'm not sure how to use the logo.  Perhaps more
useful, would be to list it under events,
https://www.osgeo.org/events/  Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure how
to do that either.

Best regards, Eli