[OSGeo-Conf] ask for permission to include OSGeo logo at local event [Jornadas SIG Libre]

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:01:20 PST 2018

Hi,

They are in close connection work the Spanish chapter.

El 2 mar. 2018 22:59, "Eli Adam" <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> escribió:

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 1:31 PM, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 4:54 AM, María Arias de Reyna <delawen at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do we have a procedure for this? Or just any FOSS4G kind of conference
can

> There is no procedure that I know of.  I think that the OSGeo logo
> usage is under control of the Marketing Committee and Board.

To request permission to use the logo, contact the Marketing
Committee.  Some details here,
https://www.osgeo.org/about/branding-material/

To contact the Marketing Committee see their page,
https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/marketing-committee/

Is SIGTE, University of Girona, or Jornadas de SIG Libre working with
a local OSGeo chapter, Geo For All, or other existing OSGeo program?
That would probably make the request for usage easier (but I don't
really know the Marketing Committee guidelines so probably shouldn't
say anything).

Best regards, Eli

>> join the list of "official" conferences?
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:51 AM, josep sitjar <josep.sitjar at udg.edu>
wrote:

>>> Dear Conference Committe,
>>>
>>> I'm Josep Sitjar, from SIGTE (University of Girona), and I'm new to this
>>> mailing list.
>
> Welcome!  This list mostly focuses on the annual FOSS4G conference,
> http://foss4g.org/ particularly the annual RFP process to select
> locations and Local Organizing Committees.  We also work some on
> surrounding issues like Code of Conduct, Travel Grants, etc.
>

>>> We are working on the new edition of Jornadas de SIG Libre, one of the
>>> Spain's leading event in the field of free and open source geospatial
>>> technologies, that will take place in Girona (Spain) from 6th to 7th
June.