[OSGeo-Conf] Travel Grant Programs - Call for help!

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 02:38:15 PDT 2018

Hi,

After a quick poll, I got different answers, but most of the
rejections come from:

1.- They don't feel relevant in the international community to
participate. As if working on a project or going to conferences is not
enough to have the "power" to decide who should be granted the TGP.
Like you need to be one of the "famous" ones.
2.- They feel unsure they will be able to perform this task. Because:
lack of knowledge, subjectivity,...

So I think it would be good if you can clarify how did you work in
previous years and what kind of skills are needed here (maybe just
understand English and being able to fill an objective criteria
test?). Like a step by step "what would a volunteer for TGP have to
do". Also, a confirmation that (if the team is big enough?) each
request will be reviewed by more than one person. So they feel less
stressed in case of subjectiveness.

I think that will help getting more people involved. And then we can
try sending requests to each chapter and project teams to make sure
this reach as much people as possible?

Regards,
María.