[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Calgary 2020 - Stage 2 Bid Submission

Jonathan Neufeld jneufeld at tecterra.com
Fri Nov 23 10:38:24 PST 2018

Thank you Steven, you too.

Cheers,
Jon

From: Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2018 11:26 AM
To: Jonathan Neufeld <jneufeld at tecterra.com>
Cc: Conference Dev <conference_dev at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Calgary 2020 - Stage 2 Bid Submission

Thanks Jonathan and Calgary team. Acknowledging successful receipt

I look forward to reading your proposal

Sit back and have a great weekend, the pressure is off (for a few days)

May the FOSS be with you
______
Steven

On 23 Nov 2018, at 17:55, Jonathan Neufeld <jneufeld at tecterra.com<mailto:jneufeld at tecterra.com>> wrote:

Dear OSGeo Conference Committee,

On behalf of the Calgary Local Organizing Committee (CLOC) we are pleased to submit our Stage 2 Proposal to host FOSS4G2020 in Calgary.

Links:
1.       FOSS4G Calgary 2020 Bid Book<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tz9USpNY4S6iqljw1BmnWyM8RfuSISw9>
2.       Appendix including letters of support<https://drive.google.com/open?id=19QyvVJMjPIJe1S6Tk71-NUDCZDgD3mrN>
3.       FOSS4G 2020 Calgary Budget<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RjAYx1giHr7PsGUgwmo9NwK6t_hndY86>

Highlights of our proposal include:
-          A well established, dynamic, and growing geospatial community in our city
-          A diverse LOC with representatives from the local geospatial community, academia, and industry
-          A commitment to inclusivity and diversity through a fully funded Travel Grant Programme, and activities for families and spouses
-          Easy and cost effective access to our city through a major international airport, with daily flights to national and international destinations
-          Negotiated discounts for accommodation rates at local hotels
-          Subsidized tickets to the Gala Evening event at the National Music Centre<https://nmc.ca/>, and an icebreaker event at a local downtown brewery, the National Beer Hall<http://ntnl.ca/national-10th/home-ntnl10>
-          A stable and conservative budget that delivers a profitable event, while keeping ticket prices low and affordable for all
-          Confirmed sponsorship of $99,857 USD to date from non-governmental organizations (NGOs), Universities, and private companies
-          The potential for an additional $200,000 CAD (150,940 USD) in sponsorship from Alberta Innovates<https://albertainnovates.ca/>

We hope that you enjoy reading the bid we’ve put together, and we’re excited to host FOSS4G 2020 in Calgary.

Sincerely,

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

Jonathan Neufeld
Co-Chair
FOSS4G 2020 Calgary

Brad Ashley
Co-Chair
FOSS4G 2020 Calgary

JONATHAN NEUFELD, P.ENG, MBA
CEO
TECTERRA INC.
DIRECT  403.532.4281<tel:403.532.4281> MOBILE 403.473.4333<tel:403.473.4333>
EMAIL jneufeld at tecterra.com<mailto:jneufeld at tecterra.com>   WEB www.tecterra.com<http://www.tecterra.com/>
108, 8826 Blackfoot Trail SE Calgary, AB T2J 3J1 Canada
<image003.png>