[OSGeo-Conf] Application of FOSs4G Bucharest for TGP

michael terner ternergeo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 03:35:38 PDT 2019

+1 for full support of the BLOC's $15,000 request.

I thought that Vasile's explanation of their intents, their criteria for
selection and the amounts of the grants was well thought out and very
clear. Equally, his review of the broader financial picture and how the TGP
fit into that was very helpful. Indeed, with all conference profits slated
to be returned to OSGeo, this will be *OSGeo's TGP *and it gratifying to
see the ground work established by many volunteers, particularly Steven and
Till, in normalizing and adding structure to this important program.

MT

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 3:16 AM Msilikale Msilanga <
msilikalemsilanga at gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Msilikale
>
> > On 3 Apr 2019, at 10:11 AM, Till Adams <till.adams at fossgis.de> wrote:
> >
> > Dear CC,
> >
> > I propose to give full support to Vasile's request and to support TGP
> > Buchares with 15.000 Us $.
> >
> > TGP is an important building block when it comes to expanding our global
> > community.
> >

> > Till
> >

> > Am 03.04.19 um 09:09 schrieb Till Adams:
> >> Dear CC,
> >>
> >> as you might have seen, Vasile (in case you don't know: the chair of the
> >> upcoming global FOSS4G in Bucharest ;-)) requested CC to support their
> >> travel grant programme (TGP) with 15.000 US $. There is some information
> >> on Bucharest's TGP already on their webpage:
> >>

> https://2019.foss4g.org/launch-of-the-travel-grant-program-foss4g-2019-bucharest/
> >>

> >> Our overall TGP-support budget for 2019 is 25.000 US $ of which we
> >> already dedicated 2.000 US $ to FOSS4G NA.
> >>
> >> I think *that* we support TGP of FOSS4G Bucharest is beyond question, so
> >> I would propose, that we discuss the amount of our grant until 07th of
> >> April. Based on the discussions I would then propose an amount for
> >> Bucharest and we can finalize the support.
> >>
> >> Many thanks,
> >>
> >> Till

Michael Terner
ternergeo at gmail.com