[OSGeo-Conf] Application of FOSs4G Bucharest for TGP

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 11:42:35 PDT 2019

+1 Cameron.
I appreciate Vasile's logical analysis and principles which he bases his
application upon. The amount requested is a significant proportion (60%) of
the Travel Grant budget, which reduces availability to regional events. I'm
still supportive because:
1. There is an emphasis on attracting local attendees (higher value for
money).
2. Europe has a high population density which makes it close to many
potentially close attendees.
3. The global event should be promoted as the main FOSS4G event for the
year and budgeted accordingly.
4. The application applies OSGeo morals and principles.

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 02:41, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 12:11 AM Till Adams <till.adams at fossgis.de> wrote:
> >
> > Dear CC,
> >
> > I propose to give full support to Vasile's request and to support TGP
> > Buchares with 15.000 Us $.
> >

> I support reserving $15,000 (USD) of our budget for the Global FOSS4G
> TGP in Bucharest 2019.  I think this is a reasonable approach for now
> and also within the realm of the conference committee chair and/or
> those running the TGP.
>
> > TGP is an important building block when it comes to expanding our global
> > community.
> >

> > Till
> >

> > Am 03.04.19 um 09:09 schrieb Till Adams:
> > > Dear CC,
> > >
> > > as you might have seen, Vasile (in case you don't know: the chair of
> the
> > > upcoming global FOSS4G in Bucharest ;-)) requested CC to support their
> > > travel grant programme (TGP) with 15.000 US $. There is some
> information
> > > on Bucharest's TGP already on their webpage:
> > >

> https://2019.foss4g.org/launch-of-the-travel-grant-program-foss4g-2019-bucharest/
> > >

> > > Our overall TGP-support budget for 2019 is 25.000 US $ of which we
> > > already dedicated 2.000 US $ to FOSS4G NA.
> > >
> > > I think *that* we support TGP of FOSS4G Bucharest is beyond question,
> so
> > > I would propose, that we discuss the amount of our grant until 07th of
> > > April. Based on the discussions I would then propose an amount for
> > > Bucharest and we can finalize the support.
>
> Right, I'd like to discuss specifics after April 19th when our call
> for regional TGP closes,
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2019-March/005128.html.
> We'll have a better understanding of our budget after that point in
> time.  Reserving $15,000 is a good approach for now.
>
> Best regards, Eli
>

> > > Many thanks,
> > >
> > > Till

Cameron Shorter