[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2020 - Halifax site causing confusion

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Wed Dec 4 04:49:10 PST 2019

 > The Calgary LOC is disappointed that we now have to compete against
another event in our own country

While it may be the same "country", Calgary and Halifax are over 3700km
apart. Geographically at least that's like being disappointed there was
a FOSS4GUK Edinburgh this year a mere 2420km away from FOSS4G proper
(Bucharest).

I'd suggest +1 for both going ahead - Canada is huge and people
(hopefully) travelling less is good. Here's a thought, maybe rather than
competing both groups could create a single merged event split across
two venues somehow.